Friday, June 20, 2008

Do You Bounce?

There is something about the warmer months of the year that causes usually competent females of all shapes and sizes to believe that they can wear anything and look good in it.  You know you've all seen them.  They seem to be everywhere...the grocery store, Six Flags, the mall, church (really?), just about anywhere that you can find people with clothes on, you will find at least one of these women.  In fact, I saw a commercial the other day for a show that teaches women who are uncomfortable about their size (big or small) or shape to feel good about themselves naked.  I understand the concept of trying to help people feel comfortable in their own skin, but it's bad enough that we have attractive women walking around half-naked.  Do we really want the ugly ones doing the same?  I hope that didn't come off the wrong way.  
My wife and I did a bake sale at Sam's Club in Tulsa yesterday to raise money for our missions trip to Ireland.  The day seemed to be unusually humid and, you guessed it, there were tons of half-exposed females.  I have trained myself to always "bounce" my eyes.  If I'm out in public, no matter where it is, if I'm looking around I always keep my eyes bouncing before letting them settle on something, that way my mind has time to process the images I'm seeing to know if it's safe or not to let my gaze take root.  This has helped keep me out of trouble on many occasions.  So I'll go back to my original question, do you bounce?

No comments: